View Single Post
Old August 14, 2009, 10:42 AM   #2
Evan Thomas

I'm glad that young woman was paying attention -- good for her!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparks2112
Assuming he had hit her, but had stopped after, would I have been justified in removing him from his vehicle? If I tried to do so and it looked as if he was going to attempt to drive off is deadly force warranted? He's already demonstrated at that point he's willing to run 1 person over, who I assume would still be in the possible path of his car. Not to mention any bystanders that had since gathered. What if he hadn't stopped? Follow while on the phone with 911?What are everyone's thoughts?
In this order:
Get the license number of the car, and a description -- if the guy bails, the chances are he can be found, if this information is available.
Call 911.
Give first aid to the victim, if you're qualified to do so. (Everyone should have basic Red Cross first aid and CPR certification, IMO.)

You're not a cop, and the welfare of the victim should be the first priority in this situation. Use deadly force if he looks like he might drive off?? NO. The fact that you have a gun doesn't mean that it's the solution to this particular problem; it's not your job to act based on what the driver might do, and certainly not to use deadly force on that basis.

Page generated in 0.03490 seconds with 8 queries