View Single Post
Old March 25, 2011, 05:01 PM   #1
anthony6727

ATF To Ban Tactical Shotguns?

Hey Everyone,

I got an e-mail today that said that the ATF is trying to ban tactical shotguns. Now it is obvious to me that this person is using that inflammatory remark to get more sales of their book. However, i wanted to know if anyone knew if this claim was true about the ATF ban on the shotguns? ( I am planning on buying a benelli m-4 ) The e-mail is below:

ALERT: ATF to Ban Tactical Shotguns
Dear Anthony,
I hope you're not one of those gun owners who said, "They'll never come for my shotguns."
If you are, I'm afraid the rain is about to fall on your parade.
You see, the ATF is coming for your shotguns ... with a vengeance.
The ATF wants to ban the importation of any tactical shotgun it views as not meeting the "sporting suitability" use as defined in the Gun Control Act of 1968.

That means all they need to do is make up a bunch of "features" that don't (according to them) "fit" a sporting use of a shotgun.
It's an open door for an outright shotgun ban ... the very same shotguns that are probably in your gun safe right this minute.
This ban may seem too horrible and too outrageous to be real. But believe me when I tell you: This is no hoax.
Make no mistake: This ban will affect hundreds of gun makers who produce shotguns that are currently in use not only by law enforcement and the military in the United States but also home owners who simply want an effective home defense shotgun.
The real question is, what can you do about it? For starters, get informed about these guns. Our friends at Gun Digest have just released a new book you need to own. It's called The Gun Digest Book of the Tactical Shotgun.
It's brand new, and you need it to make a good decision about all the new options on the market (options the ATF may soon outlaw).
This book covers everything you need to know about which tactical shotguns and accessories are the best and what will fit your fighting style and needs.
Buy this book. Then buy a shotgun. In that order.
But there's one more thing.
Part of the proceeds from your purchase of this book (and my other recommended books found below) goes to support the National Association for Gun Rights. So take a minute to stockpile a good assortment of books. Add The Gun Digest Book of the Tactical Shotgun to your cart while you still can.
Only one week left!
Thanks for your support,

Dudley Brown
Executive Director
PS - The ATF is proposing to ban importation on all tactical shotguns it asserts don't have any "sporting" use. If they succeed, this will be the most dangerous interpretation of the 1968 Gun Control Act ever envisioned and will outlaw thousands of perfectly legitimate home defense shotguns.
To give NAGR the resources to stop this threat, you can buy the newly-released The Gun Digest Book of the Tactical Shotgun at special NAGR supporter prices (for only one more week!) ... plus a portion of the proceeds from your purchase will go back to NAGR to stop this backdoor gun ban.

Page generated in 0.02304 seconds with 8 queries