View Single Post
Old December 18, 2005, 10:25 PM   #25
gmatov

Old Dragoon,

Way up where you say you can't get # 10 Rems, all my local Gander Mountain stocks right now are 10's. Bought the last 300 11's for my Colt Repros.

Gotta pinch for the Rem(s), will have to go get some 10's. 3.79 per 100. Too damned much when you can buy Large Pistol for a buck 60. Cabela's, they are 3.29, at the store, but 39 something per thou on line.

I think they oughta fit, too, and if you gotta file or sand the nipples to make them fit snug enough to be easy to seat and not fall off, that is the way to go.

I would prefer to make a mandrel with the right thread to screw the nipple into than to chuck the threads into ANY drill chuck. If you tighten enough to keep it from slipping, you might make flats on the threads. If too loose, might spin and wipe the crests of the threads down. Either one might bind in the cylinder, going in and, mebbe, not coming back out.

Cheers,

George

I don't know where the hammer/face angle comes in with BP pistols.

A Rem has angled nipples, so the hammer face is at an angle. The Colt replicas have the nipples set parallel to the bore, so the hammer face is perpendicular to that, ie. straight up and down, square to the chambers. Why you would change any angle of either, I cannot see. Why you would file or grind down any of the HAMMERS to fit a nipple, I cannot see.

Last edited by gmatov; December 19, 2005 at 12:29 AM.

Page generated in 0.03106 seconds with 8 queries