View Single Post
Old October 9, 2013, 10:48 PM   #1
richja10

reloading newbie

Hey what's up? I'm obviously new to reloading. Ive been loading since spring 2013 and have been doing pretty good, but I have a few questions for you.
1. How many times can you reload 223 & 243 cases? I have a set of 120 of each that I've loaded 4 times. I wanted to keep using these to actually see how many times they could be loaded. But this dude at one of my ranges told me that if I load them more than 5 times one of them will get stuck in the chamber and cause me to scrap the barrel.
2. Will nickle plated cases last longer?
3. Is it possible that my starting loads for 243 are exponentially more accurate than anything hotter? This seems to be happening with all the different powders and bullet wait and types. I was under the impression that the closer you get to the max is that much more accurate?
4. And this is kinda scary..I can't tell if any round that I've made thus far has exhibited signs of over pressure. My primers for my 700 always look a little cratered but I showed o bunch of guys my cases and they all say the 700's firing pins hit hard, and other 700's looked similar. But my cases all look brand new.
5. Are compressed loads dangerous? So far I've shyed away from them.
6. If you have a 64 grain bullet that you just don't see any loads for- Can you use the charge for a 65 grain bullet?
7. Last one guys. If you find a load for let's say h4350 and a 90 grain hornady vmax. Can you use the same load but with a 90 grain sierra? To me it would seem OK to do but I want to aire on the side of caution.

I posted a thread for a different problem and everyone was so helpful. I can't wait to hear what you have to say

Page generated in 0.02121 seconds with 8 queries