Thread: Need Help
View Single Post
Old July 22, 2009, 04:43 PM   #1
Uncle Buck

Need Help

Guys (and Gals, if you are reading),
I need your input on this. I am laid up and want to do some reloading.
I have Mag-tech bullets .45 colt, 250 grain, lead Flat nosed (LFLAT)

I have two choices of powder available to me. 2400 and Universal.

What grain do I use? The closet I came to finding the info was 7.5 grain for universal (but it seems to be less than 1/3 of the case is filled) or somewhere, not to exceed 14.0 grains for the 2400. Does this seem correct?
I really want to use the universal powder, because I have not shot it yet. But is there that much of a difference amongst powders?

Using the about components, what would you load these bullets at. Right now I can not get out of the house to get any other type of powder.

I loaded some JHP with 14.8 grains of 2400. They where great, but a little more powerful than I want to shoot. (I still have 25 more rounds of these to fire off.) I was thinking I could load the JHP at 14.0 grains and try them. Your thoughts?

Thanks in advance for your help.

I forgot to tell you I am mainly shooting these out of a New Vaquero. Some will be fired out of the Taurus Judge and another .45 Colt revolver my nephew has (Sorry, can not remember the brand).

Last edited by Uncle Buck; July 22, 2009 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Clarify what I am shooting:

Page generated in 0.03480 seconds with 8 queries