View Single Post
Old January 29, 2013, 08:40 AM   #14
wyobohunter

The only time my SA Mil-Spec. has had a malfunction of any kind is when shooting my 1st USPSA competition. I wasn't bothering to wipe the magazines off between stages and had one or two hang ups. I was puzzled at 1st because I had fired several hundred rounds without issue. Once I narrowed it down to the one variable I'd changed and started cleaning magazine every now and the it has remained 100%
I'd look at the Mil-Spec. but if it were me I'd keep the USP and save up. One thing you'd likely miss is the DA/SA with de-cocker. Those are great features in a carry pistol IMO (if you carry).

I'm like you only from the other end... Have a great 1911 now I'm looking at the USP (or something DA/SA). On occasion I open carry, it has only happened once but I guy "helped me out" by informing me my 1911 was cocked. He had a hard time accepting that is was designed to be carried that way (unlike a revolver). Something DA/SA would allow carrying one in the chamber, ready to go without alarming folks on the occasion I OC.

Last edited by wyobohunter; January 29, 2013 at 08:46 AM.

Page generated in 0.02684 seconds with 8 queries