View Single Post
Old October 10, 2009, 03:20 PM   #18
Magnum Wheel Man

Well I ordered the 1st 3 of 4 "trainers", one as close as I could get to a J frame sized revolver, one thats close to my L frame sized revolver, & a semi auto about the size of my CZ compact, all are metal, gas, airsoft guns, the revolvers are tougher to get quality pieces, as the autos seem more popular... all will get Dura Coated in blaze orange, some will go to my machinist buddy beforehand for barrel length, sight & grip alterations, & I have yet to decide on the full sized auto... ( I sometimes carry a full sized Witness in 10mm, but the 1911 models are also popular )

the local hobby shop has an ex military armourer that runs the shop, & he is "into" the air soft stuff... OMG... "toy" guns with real belted ammo going into them etc... anyway, buying them from him, means he'll service them for me, & insure I won't be getting junk ( him & his buddys play war games in full military gear in a couple of the local parks... probably way more dangerous than the project I'm undertaking )... a couple of the guys I shoot with are wanting to buy their own "trainers", so, we'll have like 5-6 weapon options, of which, I'll insist they all get painted orange... the guy that runs the shop also assists the local police dept in training ( using similar guns & techniques as I am planning on ), & wants to help out, when we get started ( I think he likes playing the bad guy, as he most often does with the local PD during their training )

Page generated in 0.03131 seconds with 8 queries