View Single Post
Old March 14, 1999, 07:39 PM   #9
GLV

Rob, no, Tarley does not teach ' civilians ' but I have not been a civilian since I was 18. I do not have LEO credentials, however I have others. Glock told Tarley that he did not have to take me in the Instructors class because I was not an LEO. He and I hit it off so he let me in the class, even took me to dinner one night.

It sounds like the training is very similar, lots of shooting, and lots of movement, night shooting with movement, etc. Much more like NTC's and RTC's done by IALEFI and ASLET.

The liability issue remains a problem with all instructors.

I require several specifics for all of my one on one students. NRA membership. Membership at the range where training takes place. A short list of required reading, and veiwing of several videos from my library. I also carry a liability policy.

Classroom training is all NRA and follows the NRA lesson plans.

For small department training, I write a lesson plan and have the plan approved by the NRA.

Nothing can protect the instructor from being sued, and about all one can do is put as many road blocks between the person that would sue and the instructor.

I, for one, do not intend to stop educating the firearms/lethal threat management ignorant just because of the liability issue. GLV

Page generated in 0.03076 seconds with 8 queries