View Single Post
Old October 13, 2013, 08:42 PM   #12
bedbugbilly

As the saying goes . . . "Sometimes you just can't fix stupid".

Public range or not . . . there's no excuse for unsafe practices. Like you, I would have cleared out . . I think you did about all you could and he obviously was oblivious to what you were trying to get across. I can't say much for his wife either . . . she's an adult and even though she may not be an experienced shooter . . what the heck happened to "common sense"?

It's too bad that in those situations, a license number can't be recorded and turned in to whatever the authority is that has the range under their jurisdiction. I know that DNR LE are busy folks, but guys like that are an accident waiting to happen. If he's that way at a public range . . just think of his hunting practices on public land. Over the years, I've seen too much of guys like that . . . they are also the ones who "shoot first" and "make sure of their target" second.

The only range that I shoot at (other than on my own private land) is an indoor range . . . and that's strictly supervised. However, that doesn't eliminate folks with unsafe practices. When it occurs . . . peer pressure seems to work most of the time . . and if they don't heed a warning, they are thrown out and told not to come back.
If a pair of '51 Navies were good enough for Billy Hickok, then a single Navy on my right hip is good enough for me . . . besides . . . I'm probably only half as good as he was anyways. Hiram's Rangers Badge #63

Page generated in 0.03725 seconds with 8 queries