View Single Post
Old May 7, 2008, 02:52 PM   #19
30Cal

Let me add a few tips on consistancy.

1. Spend an hour and log the weight of each charge (don't dump the powder back in). Note any charge that is crunchy or interrupted or whatever. This will show you how long it takes for the powder to settle and how far down you can drain the cylinder before the charge weights start to wander (I make a refill line on mine with a Sharpy). It'll give you insight into when you should expect a charge to be outside the norm and you'll be able to simply discard those and move on.

2. If the powdermeasure doesn't have a baffle, build or buy one. This will "insulate" (for lack of a better word) the thrown charges somewhat from the powder in the cylinder.

3. Smooth, consistant operation. Maybe it works better if you work it gently, maybe firmly. I had a Redding measure that worked well if you bumped it a second time at the top of the stroke. My Dillon works well if I tap the side of the body between strokes.

You should be able to get inside 0.3grs with Varget which is more than adequate for ultra accuracy inside 200-300yds.

Page generated in 0.02198 seconds with 8 queries