View Single Post
Old September 27, 2002, 07:17 PM   #5
Chris W

Geez, if I actually heard something? I mean, there've been plenty of nights when Mrs. W has 'heard' something, and wakes me up, and I listen to the cats sleeping for a few seconds, and then get up and walk through the house to reassure her (she also regularly wakes me up with dreams she's choking on inexplicable objects such as a handful of tacks or a patch of carpet. Gotta love her).

But if I *actually* had cause to think there was someone in the house? I don't even know if I've ever thought that through. I spose I'd get up, reach up to the shelf where my house-gun is (G17, so no dramatic noises to make with it), and edge out of the room real quietly. Yeah, my instinct would be to want to see what's up before I announce my presence. Criminy, it's awful to think about having to make instantaneous decisions about what's happening and how to react. I can imagine getting really jumpy on the trigger in the close quarters of the living room--I don't wanna lose my advantage by letting him/them actually get on me, at least not without being diligently perforated first. Sure as Hell hope it never happens--but I'm glad you asked. Good to think about, and I look forward to hearing people's thoughts.

cw

Page generated in 0.02488 seconds with 8 queries