View Single Post
Old October 14, 2011, 10:07 PM   #257
Al Norris
Moderator Emeritus

In the last 2 days, a fairly new member over at MDShooters opined on a couple of subjects. MirandaB claims to be a former civil rights attorney, in private practice for 10 years before starting another business, Just Right Carbines.

First MirandaB explained what was wrong with the Williams case and why the Supreme Court probably denied cert.

Then today, this person explained the Masciandaro case and why it might be granted cert.

The explanations go into a bit of depth on both cases, but this gentleman uses plain (non-legalese) language to get his points across. If you are at all interested in this stuff, I believe it is worth your while to read these explanations.

On Williams, see this post.

On Masciandaro, see this post.

If these won't show, try this thread. Williams is post #14 (page 1) and Masciandaro is post #22 (page 2).

I'm sure our resident attorneys can read this man's posts and glean from them whether or not the guy is being truthful. Just because they ring right to my ears, doesn't mean a thing. I'm not an attorney, just a somewhat knowledgeable commentator.

Page generated in 0.02886 seconds with 8 queries