View Single Post
Old November 21, 2002, 03:45 PM   #13
256M-S

Actually, to return to the original question, there is only ONE SINGLE ACTION ARMY and it's COLTS. Everything thing else is a clone with some serious consideration to identifying the FREEDOM ARMS single action and the RUGER SINGLE ACTIONS as single action revolvers each unique in their own right with modern product improvements geared to making a stronger and more durable single action revolver in the the style made popular by COLT'S SINGLE ACTION ARMY.

Personally, my single action autos are 1911 pistols and are Colt's pre-Series 70's and my single action revolvers are either Colt's SAA's or New Frontiers or Ruger flat top 44's. I don't like the idea of clones and don't own anything with lawyer safeties or safety manuals scratched or pressed into barrels and frames.

As far as Italian guns, they make some lovely high end double and under/over shotguns, and they seem to make some decent replica long arms, but quality control of parts for short guns and the weapons themselves seem to vary horribly. IF one insists on buying a copy of a Colt Single Action Army, it would probably be worth paying attention to Hamilton Bowen's comments in his new book THE CUSTOM REVOLVER. It's a very well written and highly readable book in its own right and that's highly unusual among firearms related books--especially vanity press items (in which category, one should lump websites if that's not degrading the vanity presses).

Page generated in 0.03743 seconds with 8 queries