View Single Post
Old July 26, 2013, 09:46 AM   #35
deepcreek

I have know store security and seen a few “capture” suspected shoplifters, I know one of their common tactics is to get suspected shoplifters into a backroom where they are out of sight and off camera. They usually use “can you come with us” or basic wording to make it seem legally voluntary.
You do not legally need to go with them. You can tell them “No.. I will wait right here”

I knew one guy (I never liked) that used to work nights at a store he would seek people out that looked like they had drugs and would be submissive, he would then follow them into the parking lot with 1-2 other store goons tell them they were suspected of stealing, empty pockets and they could “forget about the drugs as a favor”. He is a cop now.

I knew one woman that was strip searched(all legally voluntary of course) only to find the detector tag stuck on the bottom of her shoe.

Most store security make little more then min wage, work poor hours and have basically no valuable skills. It was usually the security job or McDonalds. I wait for the day the mess with me.. I would love a good lawsuit.

Page generated in 0.02550 seconds with 8 queries