View Single Post
Old February 17, 2013, 11:07 AM   #5
Beretta686

Quote:
Well belt feds are way more fun than what is basically a rifle, I can say that.
Having shot quite a few belt-fed MGs with the military, you're absolutely right that belt-feds are way more fun to shoot than a subgun or select-fire rifle. However, paying for the ammo to feed them isn't much fun. I'd say on the civilian side they're largely for very wealthy people who can afford to drop a few thousand $$$ on a trip to the range.

Quote:
Surplus ammo is pretty much done, and definitely done at 'less than the cost of the bullet' prices.
Yup, the days of buying huge quantities of WWII 8mm Mauser and Cold War reserves of 7.62x51 and .50 BMG are over.

I remember when I first got into the NFA game years ago that M16s where a few thousand with belt-feds way above that, now we're seeing the reverse as you're basically getting a very cool paperweight.

My prediction is that the M16s and anything in 9mm or .22LR (or will accept a .22LR conversion) keep climbing, while everything else either levels off or appreciates much more slowly.

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.”

Page generated in 0.02222 seconds with 8 queries