View Single Post
Old February 13, 2009, 03:11 PM   #4
mykeal

This question comes up once a week and I'm frankly amazed. Where are all these stories that have people worried about unfired black powder corroding the gun? I've never seen anyone say that had happened to them, and we've all seen several accounts of guns with powder stored in them for years being just fine. I don't get it.

Anyway, Raider's got it right. Writing up a dissertation that you can just insert into a thread is a good idea; goodness knows we'll see more of these.

Raider did mention something near to my heart (but not others, for some reason). If you are going to depend on this gun to protect your family and save your life both you and the gun need to be reliable, and even more important, the combination needs to be reliable and proficient. In other words, practice with the gun. Often. A lot. And when you do that, you won't have to worry about corrosion because you will be regularly emptying and cleaning the gun. And you'll be a much better shot. Unless, of course, you're one of those thousands of people who (it's been alleged to me) don't need to practice to be a good shot.

Page generated in 0.02605 seconds with 8 queries