View Single Post
Old January 7, 2013, 10:06 PM   #4
orionengnr

Perhaps if you told us what you currently own, carry and like...we could have a starting point, and some ideas where to go from there.

Given that many people use terms loosely, I would say that an HK P7 would be worth a look. It is definitely not a DAO, has an incredible trigger, and the unique squeeze-cock mechanism is equivalent to a de-cocker requiring no real conscious effort to make safe.

The only downsides are that a) they are not easy to find at your price point and b) they are only available in 9mm. Yes, they made a very few .380s and a few .40s, but now you are talking $2.5k or more.

Edited to add: I have owned and shot/carried several Para LDA pistols. The have single stack models, they make 9s and .45acp (maybe .40 as well) and once again, their trigger action almost defines a standard description.

I read your initial post twice, and am trying to give a few "out of the box"
suggestions. Both of these pistols have the same trigger stroke every shot. The LDA has a manual safety/de-cocker.

I have owned both, and each is a unique approach to the age old problem. If you get the chance to handle one or both, who knows?

Happy hunting.

Last edited by orionengnr; January 7, 2013 at 10:26 PM. Reason: added info

Page generated in 0.02960 seconds with 8 queries