View Single Post
Old September 19, 2011, 06:43 AM   #14
zincwarrior

Quote:
I shoot IDPA on a semi-monthly basis. I think you will find that there are two main categories of shooters. There are the people there for the game, they shoot the guns that make them more competitive, these are mostly the Glock 34 types and the 1911 folks, they use the kydex holsters and mag pouches and shoot the stage to the rule book. The second type are the shooters that shoot what they carry, sometimes in the IWB holsters they use everyday, these are the guys that really don't stress about an extra shot or two, or maybe a procedural on a stage that didn't make sense. Neither of these groups are wrong, they both use the game to fulfill their needs. I am of the second group. I'll never finish in the top 10%, but I don't care, I just hope the IDPA practice gives me an edge if I ever have to do it for real.

No Gamer Here
VMO
Indeed. It might be good to think of it like golf. You have the weekend hacks who are out there to have fun. They have a relatively stock set of clubs, normal clothes and have a good time. Then you have the fanatics, the ones who play constantly and are concerned about improvements to a level the hacks don't even see. Both are fine.

Page generated in 0.03234 seconds with 8 queries