View Single Post
Old September 18, 2011, 01:04 PM   #1
Thundergrunt

New Guy IDPA Questions.

Hello fellow enthusiasts. I am new gun owner and have new intrest in IDPA events. I have been researching for a little bit on the rules and requirments and such. But have a couple questions as to pistols and classes or divisions. Dont bash me to hard.

First question.

I have 3 pistols a XD 4" .45acp is my home defense gun or nightstand gun as I have seen written, I have a Sig P6 9m that is one of my ccw guns and conceal most, and a Sig 226 in 9mm. I would like to start shooting IDPA and was wondering if all these I could shoot in SSP class they are all stock.

Second Question.

I realtion to beginner pistol choices and the pistols I have, I eventually want to be competitive, but I see alot of posts and vids of the competitions and almost 98% are all glocks and 1911's. Almost all the winners i have seen and read online and top persons use these over other guns by a numerous amount, so it seems to me a little like it is more of a game than an actual Defensive action shoot. Im not trying to start a gun battle, but can someone kind of explain that you would think there would be a more varied mix I just read somthing that stated that a National shoot in 09 i think it was there was like 62 glock shooters 51 1911 and then next closet was M&P at like 18 or so and then all the rest were single digits, that is why it seems more like game than a actual defensive shooting apllication. Sorry if I didnt state that right, but I hope you get my gist. I want to do IPDA to enhance my skills, and eventullay do great in a class but, it only seems like those to are what you need.

Page generated in 0.03197 seconds with 8 queries