View Single Post
Old August 21, 2011, 12:02 AM   #3
Bill Akins

Same could be said of anyone designing anything Hawg .

I'm always intrigued by ideas for things that could be made but never have been. And to my knowledge and research, this concept has never been done for a black powder muzzleloading weapon because at back then, all they had to work with was black powder that gummed up the works quickly. That isn't a concern today with non gumming, even non smoking black powder substitutes.

Is it archaic and obsolete compared to cartridge machine guns? Sure. But then again that's the fun of it It also has the advantage of legally NOT being a firearm. The same reasons we enjoy muzzleloaders to being with.

C'mon now Hawg, tell me you wouldn't enjoy seeing or shooting something like that.

"This is my Remy and this is my Colt. Remy loads easy and topstrap strong, Colt balances better and never feels wrong. A repro black powder revolver gun, they smoke and shoot lead and give me much fun. I can't figure out which one I like better, they're both fine revolvers that fit in my leather".
"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target".

Last edited by Bill Akins; August 21, 2011 at 01:22 AM.

Page generated in 0.02804 seconds with 8 queries