View Single Post
Old June 26, 2011, 10:59 PM   #5
deepcore

It was just a thought guys.
I only have two powders on the bench IMR 4598 for rifle and W231 for pistol.
And I'm talking about .308.
I have (just to throw a round number out there) say...1,000 primers....1,000 bullets, and say..500 pieces of brass.
I will only load 100 rounds at a time. For two main reasons: 1. 100 is good enough for me for days worth of shooting (quality vs quantity) and the 2. If I want to change something I won't have leftovers to deal with.

I'm also a creature of habit. When I find something that works well for me I tend to stick to it (like my pistol loads). Now...just started loading for rifle this year and like i said... The thought just crossed my mind.

Now, while I do load only 100 rounds at a time. I was wondering while I have the powder scale out. And let's face it (at least for me), whether I have the ole beam or the new electronic powder charger out, after find the level spot on my bench, going thru the warm up process, calibrating, setting up the trickler, sacrificing the goat, blessing the scale with holy water, hanging up the crystal, lighting incense, then making "only" 100 powder charges (I exaggerate but you get the idea I hope)...what I was wondering is while I have the scale out of making say another 100 or so powder charges and put them in small (individual) bottles so that I can just pour the charges in the brass and be able to skip the blood sacrifice to to the powder scale for a couple of loading sessions.

I know there's another option to make things faster..loading by volume. But for me that's fine, for me, for pistol. And I have thrown an initial charge with my Dillon charger and then brought it up the rest of the way with a trickler using a scale. I know there are accurate volume chargers out there but like I said powder charging brings out my OCD side.

Last edited by deepcore; June 26, 2011 at 11:13 PM.

Page generated in 0.03145 seconds with 8 queries