View Single Post
Old March 31, 2011, 05:27 PM   #11
BigJimP

Like others advised - read the sticky at the top of this forum section ...it'll help a lot...

Most every mfg out there these days is making good equipment ...most of us have evolved our systems / setups over the years ....so there isn't a right or wrong answer to your question. When you're looking at equipment / make sure it'll handle the calibers you want to reload ...and look at the time that it takes, with that press, to get a box of 50 rds. Evaluate the press options based on cost and time ...and decide what suits your needs today.

I used an RCBS rockchucker for many years ...but it always sucked the life out of me because it took so long to get a box of handgun ammo .../ so I evolved into the progressive machines like the Hornady LNL or the Dillon 650 ...both very good machines / high quality ammo / and quick ( both will do 800 - 1,000 rds an hour without breaking a sweat ).

Whether you spend $100 or $ 600 on a press today ....guaranteed, it will be the least expensive part, of this side of the shooting hobby ....make the decision based on what you can afford / and how much time you have for reloading. My kids are all grown / I'm close to retirement ...but I don't want to spend 5 hours cranking out 250 rounds anymore ...

Page generated in 0.03386 seconds with 8 queries