View Single Post
Old June 10, 2013, 10:24 PM   #22
GunXpatriot

More good info, BigD. I don't think I've ever learned this much, or gotten this much food for thought from one thread.

Method, I've found a couple NSSA affiliates not too far from where I live. They really do sound good. I like grouping into similar skill level. Sounds nice, I'll look into that.

Also, BigD, you said you test with a Chronograph. Would you know what length barrel these velocities would be coming out of, normally? I know from most of the ammo tests I've watched, that velocities tend to be on the low end when tested with a chronograph. Sometimes with a rifle, it will come close, but handguns generally seem to come lower.

For .22lr as an example, it seems like they test out of something like a 20-22 inch barrel vs 18, so velocities come in low. With shotguns, or more specifically for defensive ammo, you would think they would test with shorter barrels, but they probably don't. Would a 28" give you a good representation of velocity going off the box, or would a 30 or 32 give you "actual" velocity?

Page generated in 0.02645 seconds with 8 queries