View Single Post
Old February 13, 2011, 11:03 PM   #22
maillemaker

Quote:
maillmaker, you do not value your time, do you? If it takes you over 30 minutes per transaction (receive firearm, sign for firearm, inventory firearm, call waiting customer, waiting for customer to show up, filling out paperwork, checking to make sure customer is legal, transferring firearm, submitting paperwork, filing & keeping the papaerwork, etc) and you charge nothing, you are dishonoring your time with your family. As a business person, one must charge enough at each transaction to make investing the time and energy worth the effort. So I believe that $25-$30 per transaction is not out of line to pay someone for helping me obtain the firearm I want to own. Please don’t minimize the value of your time!
You need to understand, I want an FFL solely so that I can buy firearms directly through the mail for myself. Yes, I understand you are not supposed to do this, and that you have to be a "real" dealer in order to get an FFL. So if I'm forced to be a real dealer in order to have the ability to buy firearms directly through the mail, that is something I am willing to consider. But I don't see myself doing lots of FFL transfers for people. I certainly don't want to do them.

Quote:
I understand your frustration with the system and applaud the fact that you want to do something about it. But your effort should be rewarded as an investment. Your effort needs to be rewarded with cash. Use it to buy your wife some flowers or taking the family to the movies.
As I said, I'm mostly frustrated with the fact that I have to go through a middle man and pay a tax to have a firearm shipped to me in the mail. I don't really want to run a firearms business and would only do it for the side benefit of what I'm really after in the first place.

This is not to say that I would not run an absolutely to-the-the-letter-of-the-law business. I just wouldn't worry about it making money or not.

Page generated in 0.03343 seconds with 8 queries