View Single Post
Old July 31, 2008, 11:15 PM   #100
Scattergun Bob

I am a little confused?

How did I become a 3rd wheel in Bill & Eric's debate? Sorry guys I am not interested in being on either side of this debate. Is that clear!

Bill - I can't respond to "the Meyer" variable of this little encounter we are trying to discuss. In my mind he is trying to set up a "no win" that says we have to shoot someone in the back, NO DICE I will not play.

Erik - Not quiet sure how to take your last post. My points are repetitive yes, I see that both you and Dave also say about the same thing. I already stated that Dave solved the problem, what else do you want? My response was based on the attitude of posters like Keltyke who seem to believe that they will have there wits about them and control the situation. I passed on what MY ATTITUDE was and mind set when I had to deal with man with a gun calls. Been telling folks to "comply and do it now" since 1978, guess that predates this thread by a day or two.

Notice that I did not lower my self to address / rehash the endless electrons concerning some shooting "tricks" that have been around for +100 years, remember there is nothing really new in the world of gun-handling, check out FAST and Fancy revolver shooting from the 1930's you will see both the pinch and the border spin. So I have read enough about you and Dave and Glen knowing these little "secrets" to last for awhile. If you are "still on the job" I respectfully suggest you focus on the LEFT HANDED gunmen since frequently street officers MISS that and is far more likely to occur than the border shuffle.

Gentlemen - I would love to discuss the difference between a LEO and civilian incident, if a reasonable one was put fourth. As a civilian no longer dogged by a Agency shooting policy/ yet no longer with the legal presumption and a shooting review board I find new meaning to the ideas of Reasonable force, Reasonable assumption, and the concept of self defense.

Page generated in 0.03322 seconds with 8 queries