View Single Post
Old August 1, 2012, 11:04 AM   #12
WV_gunner

Legal or not, I wouldn't be interested. For 2 reasons, impractical and who says in a few months they won't change their minds and make it illegal without the proper paperwork and such? It's only legal because the definition of a shotgun says it's fired from the shoulder and this gun has a pistol grip. Technically the Mossburg 500 is designed to be fired from the shoulder, they just so happen to sell them with pistol grips too. I really don't see how that 4 1/2 inches will make a big difference. Heck, I have a 24 inch barrel on my Mossburg and that's short in my mind.
And legal or not, does the local police know its legal? Even if they do know it's legal, expect to be hassled if you're ever seen with it. I know that a few cops here would take it from you and you'd probably go to jail. I wouldn't chance it, not worth going to jail for a night, possibly longer if convicted, just to have a 14 inch barreled Mossburg. I'm sure they'd find something illegal with the situation.
Mine has a Slugster barrel with rifle sights and a wood stock. Going to refinish the wood and use a 6 shell side saddle. It's gonna have regular slugs for home defense and sabot slugs for hunting.

Page generated in 0.05167 seconds with 8 queries