View Single Post
Old March 29, 2015, 11:19 AM   #79
axismatt

Quote:
As to the priming system... I knew they could be problematic from my initial research, so I planned on eliminating that issue from the start. Bought a Lee hand primer when I ordered the press kit. Problem eliminated.
I do the same thing. Actually, I got the priming system to work just fine on the LEE LM, but it happens to be the only function I can't eyeball as I go, so my confidence was never 100% (and would be the same lack of trust with any system, for all you LEE haters). And truth be told, I can sit with a beer and hand prime 1000 cases in less than 2 hours, run a finger over each one and mic the depth every 10 to 15 pieces, get a good look at the brass for flaws, etc... So I have grown to prefer hand priming. Then I just dump in the hopper and GO. Plus, the new LEE hand primer is comfy and easy on the web of your hand.

Who stated that you should expect about 8 hours of set up to get your progressive running just right? While I agree that, from the box to running completed cartridges was a few hours, it certainly wasn't 8.

Page generated in 0.02802 seconds with 8 queries