View Single Post
Old February 8, 2011, 10:29 PM   #1
mmbsr

Help & direction kindly required...

My wife is a world reknowned and classically trained Pastry Chef, so be nice to me & point me in the direction I seek; you will be rewarded with copus amounts of culinary delight when SHTF...
My name is Mike & I'm a noob to your site, though I have plundered through it regularly. What I am after is the links to threads that cover building an AR from the stripped lower on up. I recently picked up a new & completely naked lower for $75 & I want to start working on it. I am looking for the threads that point to best/strongest parts, configs, different ideas, et.,
This will become my one 'go-to' weapon that will go where I go, but usually stay bound up in the pick up truck.
I am sure this topic has been beat to death here.. so if you could point out some threads/links/experiences, I would appreciate it.
1) What do you think about building this for the 9mm right from the start? It will never be used to engage a target/POI/animal more than 100 meters away... does a 9mm, out of proper length of barrel, have anything left at that range? The ONLY reason I am considering that is because both of my pistols are 9mm & it would be great to stock just one caliber of ammo...
2) When I do the 5.56 thing, I favor the 62gr M855 stuff and 62gr HP's... is there any reason I cannot see max performance, yaw & fragementation out of a 1:9 twist, 18.75" fluted bull barrel with that ammo?
Thanks, Gentleman.... truffles & maple glazed/twice flavored Chocolate drizzled eclairs for each of you...

Page generated in 0.02349 seconds with 8 queries