View Single Post
Old November 17, 2010, 11:55 PM   #42
DG45

Hi Kraigwy,

Just drove through your beautiful state 45 or so days ago on my way to Yellowstone. Loved it.

Just wanted to say that in no way did I intend this thread to be a slap at the CMP or CMP forum. I probably should have jumped in sooner to try to keep the thread on the track I intended. I understand what the CMP does, and why they wouldn't be involved in the Korean deal. A couple of guys chimed in to mention some philosophical or political disagreements they'd had with one or more of the employees of one of the stores, and somebody mentioned that somebody hadn't served in the military, etc. I don't see how any of that has anything to do with the mission of the CMP program or the job it does. I've never purchased from them but I may someday.

The south store is in Anniston, Alabama. That's a beautiful area in the foothills of the Appalachian mountains. Ft. McClellan used to be there. I think the city or county owns it now. There's still a beautiful golf course there. My daughter graduated from nearby Jacksonville State University several years back. Be sure if you ever go to Anniston to eat at least one meal at Top o the River restaurant in Anniston and get a bowl of pinto beans and a bowl of greens to go with your fried catfish. Nothing compares! Theres also a military museum there thats worth a visit.

Page generated in 0.03397 seconds with 8 queries