View Single Post
Old July 15, 2013, 04:08 AM   #58
Bill Akins

Thanks for the well wishes Doc. I agree with you that the Whitney and its copy the Spiller and Burr have a primitive looking frame to my eye too. Too square with no streamlining and doesn't have the nice step down on the frame like the 1858 Remy and the Rogers and Spencer both have. Plus although the loading lever of the Whitney and Spiller and Burr are similar to the Rogers and Spencer, they don't have that large visually appealing lug at the pivot point like the Rogers and Spencer has, and looks kind of too slim and fragile on the Whitney and the Spiller and Burr.

I've been keeping an eye out for a stainless Rogers and Spencer for a good price. But all the stainless ones I see are between $400.00 to $500.00 on average. But I'll eventually find a good deal on one. But what I really want to get first before the R&S is a good deal on an Uberti 1866 Remy revolving carbine with the steel frame (not the brass frame one from Armi Sport).

"This is my Remy and this is my Colt. Remy loads easy and topstrap strong, Colt balances better and never feels wrong. A repro black powder revolver gun, they smoke and shoot lead and give me much fun. I can't figure out which one I like better, they're both fine revolvers that fit in my leather".
"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target".

Last edited by Bill Akins; July 15, 2013 at 05:06 AM.

Page generated in 0.02265 seconds with 8 queries