View Single Post
Old October 12, 2005, 03:43 PM   #11
VirgilCaine

Hunting is a business. It means money for Cabela's, it means money for states visa vis lisences, it means money for the towns where hunting land is available. Hunters buy gas, food, beer, stay in motels and rent cabins. Some take their kills to local processors and butcher shops.

The days of the 2 week long deer camp are over for the most part. Todays hunter hunts on weekends. He typically gets saturday and half of sunday, then it's back to the grind.

Yes, there are few of us left who pre-scout for trails and rub lines, maybe even spot a pre-season buck or two. But that is not the way of the modern power hunter.

In order for states to sell tags, and for local economies to cash in on hunting season, and for the over all health and vitality of deer herds, John Q. Hunter needs to see and get shots at deer to keep him coming year after year.

The best way to do this is to let him hunt over bait if he wants to.

What about food plots, and hay fields? Apple trees? Seems like it's all the same to me. It ups the percentage for hunters.

I don't bait, but I hunt the edge of an apple orchard. Ethical? Might be splittin hairs here, gang.

Page generated in 0.02835 seconds with 8 queries