View Single Post
Old April 11, 2011, 10:53 AM   #15
BigJimP

A Browning BPS Hunter model ...is a good solid gun / and a gun you'll have long term. Even though I've moved on to some dedicated Trap and Skeet guns ....I still have the BPS's in both 12ga and 20ga that I bought in the late 1970's and they're still great guns.

When you say your instructor had a "Citori" ... the problem is, there are about 26 different Citori's ....and they all have pluses and minus in terms of being a dedicated "Trap" gun. Not all Citori's are adjustable / and not all of them are created equal in terms of how they fit .../the barrel to receiver connections are the same / and they're all very strong guns ...but some of them may be a poor choice.

Like others suggest - I'd stay away from a lot of the lowe end O/U's on the market / Browning and Beretta have long since set the price on what is a "good solid long term O/U" ...and to go below that price level ...gives you suspect metalurgy and sometimes some big time nightmares. But if you really want to go down that path - at least pick a gun that has a solid warranty - like the TriStar sold thru Cabelas with a 5 yr warranty.

Page generated in 0.02542 seconds with 8 queries