View Single Post
Old December 17, 2012, 02:30 AM   #1
solocam72

sticky bolt after full length resizing?

Any of you guys had this problem? I have had it happen a couple times now, my resizing die is set to where the shell holder slightly cams over on the bottom of the die at the top of the press stroke. My 7mm rem mag was a little sticky when I closed the bolt on a freshly loaded shell, the first time it ever happened to me was when the new short magnums first came out, I bought a new 7mm WSM and it was really sticky to close the bolt, so I took it to a reputable smith and he ordered the go no go gauges for it thinking it was a chamber issue, when the gauges arrived it ended up checking out fine, he thought that maybe because the WSMs were so new on the market that it was stil a spec issue and his advise was to take off a few thousandths from the bottom of my new redding sizing die, It made more scense to me to take it off the top of the shell holder instead of my new die so we went that route and it solved the problem. I've had this happen a couple different times now and my remedy is to take a few thousandths off the top of the shell holder to bump the shoulder back just enough to close the bolt reliably. Sound feasible?

Page generated in 0.03364 seconds with 8 queries