View Single Post
Old February 16, 2012, 08:11 PM   #1
ldturnerwa

Reloading Data - 9mm

I'm just getting into reloading and I will be starting with 9mm and have some questions on looking up loading data for the 9mm.

To start with I plan to load for the range, I have been shooting 115gr FMJ factory loads, but I would like to hand load 124gr FMJ which is what I have for my SD loads. Now to my specific questions.

To get the load data, I went to my Lyman 49th edition page 341 looking for 124gr FMJ, but I don't see any data for it, the only data I see for FMJ is 95gr. so I when to my Lee manual.

In the Lee manual I can see 124gr Jacketed Bullet ( I will assume this is equal to FMJ?) and it shows a number of powder options. The powder that I was thing of using is not listed for the 124gr bullet weight Titegroup, however it is listed for 115gr Lead and 115gr XTP.

I want to make sure I understand what this is telling me. Does this mean for for 124gr & 115 gr FMJ that Titegroup is not an option?

In the Lyman guide I see 115gr JHP and it show Titegroup, I also see that it recommends Power Pistol as the powder of choice, but I don't see any options for 115gr FMJ.

It seems to me the Lyman guide doesn't contain that much on 9mm, which is a bit of shock, I thought it would contain more data.

Page generated in 0.03087 seconds with 8 queries