View Single Post
Old November 5, 2009, 06:01 PM   #25
gyvel

Quote:
It does not matter HOW you acquire the C&R firearm. If you acquire it AFTER you get your 03-FFL, it goes in the bound book. You can do a FORM 4 transfer of an NFA C&R and it STILL goes in the bound book. You do a face-to-face purchase of a C&R from a friend, it goes in the bound book. The amount of paperwork you do to get it is meaningless. End of story.
I spoke to my ATF field agent this afternoon and he said otherwise.

By your "logic," if you purchase a firearm that isn't a C&R, it has to go in your book.

Purchasing an NFA C&R on a Form 4 bypasses an SOT 3, and yes, must go in your book. On the other hand, if you get it through the SOT 3 rather than directly with an 03 C&R, you will fill out a 4473 at time of acceptance, just like any other firearm you do not use your license for. Ergo, it doesn't go in your book. You are John Q. Public.

A FTF purchase of a C&R from your "friend", by regulation, goes in your book; This is done on "the honor system."

The status of the firearm is irrelevant, however, if you are purchasing it on a 4473. Once again, you are John Q. Public.

ANY 4473 purchase makes you John Q. Public. Your gun does not go in your book. You did NOT use your 03 license for the purchase.

Now its "End of story."

Quote:
Did you read ATF's response to Technosavant listed above???
ATF's answer to Technosavant made no reference whatsoever to an 03 licensee purchasing a C&R weapon commercially on a 4473.

It referenced all the standard regulations regarding the use of the 03 license to purchase interstate or intrastate or from non-licensees and regarding entry of purchases/dispositions into/out of your bound book.

I suggest you go back and reread it and point out to me where it states that purchases made on a 4473 WITHOUT use of the 03 license are required to be placed in the bound book.

Last edited by gyvel; November 5, 2009 at 06:35 PM.

Page generated in 0.04195 seconds with 8 queries