View Single Post
Old July 25, 2008, 01:11 PM   #15
Ruthless4christ

LAND HO!!!!

well folks I survived the night! The bridge held even though the water went up to the Top! turns out most of theas actually held, they just ended up opening up a bit (which flooded the valley pretty well anyway) I guess there was not anough debree to knock it out? i dont know but thank God i am not stranded. Turns out the mountain was not the best bet, whole vilalges and towns were wiped out in the erea I would have been in. THE town itself got a minimal amount of water in(good thing i moved everything up to the second story)

Great remarks on everyone as far as survival items, everything is actually in my main pack all the time, (iodine tabs, etc..) you guys would all eb ableto survive fine out here.

at this point i am getting together with some buddies to do a rescue trip up into the mountains, as there are at least hundreds of people displaced and hurt up there.

LOL New_Pollution1086, i cought myself saying the same thing once the water got above the tire of my biddies f-150 last night, but i figured ina country like this where the entire landscape is either mountain, or valley its pretty much russian rulet as far as wether you are gonna get flooded or mudded. just glad the hammer landed on emptey for me this time.

Page generated in 0.04223 seconds with 8 queries