View Single Post
Old October 21, 2012, 07:23 PM   #10
allaroundhunter

Quote:
Funny you need to learn about liability and practicality. I use one, do you???????????
How many holster makers actually have to recommend not carrying a loaded gun?.....

Here is the lesson in liability. It is necessary to prevent a lawsuit being brought against a company due to a "defect" of the product. If I see a holster company having to use all caps and instruct buyers not to carry a loaded weapon in their holster, then it means a lot more to me than a starbucks drink that says, "Caution: Hot Contents". Why? Because a wrongful death lawsuit carries a much higher payoff than a personal injury lawsuit.

If you want to be the person that ends up with a bullet through your femoral artery, be my guest. But you or rather, your family, can't say that the company didn't warn you of the recklessness of such actions.

Here is the lesson in practicality. There is a balance between practicality and safety. I would rather er on the side of safety than that of practicality. There really isn't anything else to elaborate on in that lesson.

Again, if a "holster" company says not to carry a loaded handgun with their product, then it is not a holster worth considering, in my opinion. There are much better holster options available than the Zero Concealment Systems "Bare-Bones Holster".

Quote:
Oh, by the way all gun manufacturers say not to use reloads, yours or purchased
Actually, they don't. Here is what my M&P manual says:

Quote:
NEVER USE NON-STANDARD, RELOADED, OR "HANDLOADED" AMMUNITION WHICH HAS NOT BEEN SUBJECTED TO INTERNAL BALLISTIC PRESSURE TESTING
This waiver is to protect S&W from manufacturing practices that are out of their control. S&W still guarantees that their product will have no problems firing ammunition that meets SAAMI specifications.

The liability statement from Zero Concealment Systems is to protect them from lawsuits from a known flaw caused by their own product. It is comparing apples to oranges with the statement you made about shooting reloaded ammunition.

Last edited by allaroundhunter; October 21, 2012 at 07:35 PM.

Page generated in 0.02268 seconds with 8 queries