View Single Post
Old October 8, 2012, 07:39 PM   #25
goalie

All my Mossberg ATR-100 in .270 does is kill deer. These are two of the dozen or so one-shot kills with mine since I bought it when they first came out. It shoots factory ammo (130 grain Fusions) into 1.25-1.5" at 100 yards, and handloads into about an inch, although, in it's defense, I have not really spent a ton of time working up loads for a rifle I paid 220 bucks for and drag up into trees on a rope.

The important thing to me is that my ATR-100 shoots to POA every time I take it to the range, and it has never missed a deer or needed a second shot.

It isn't as nice as many rifles I own, but I don't mind HUNTING with it. And, where I hunt, that means bad weather and dragging it up into trees behind me.

Don't listen to the naysayers. You can get a good-shoot'n rifle these days for little money. The Marlin XS/XL7, Ruger American, Savage Axis, Stevens....they'll all kill and the animals will never know the difference.

FWIW, I have a Weaver Grand Slam 4.75x fixed scope mounted on the ATR with Warne rings.

Edit: I didn't mention the Remington 710/770 for a reason. The ones I have shot sucked. Bad. They are an embarrassment to the Remington name. If I won one or was given one, I wouldn't even shoot it.

Page generated in 0.02472 seconds with 8 queries