View Single Post
Old August 7, 2012, 01:23 PM   #95
Stevie-Ray

Quote:
Answering the door armed doesn't mean that it's in your hand, and it doesn't mean that you have fear. Lots of times, I answer the door wearing shoes. Does this mean that I'm scared that I will have to run?

Extreme thinking can make anything seem idiotic. I think the nay sayers in this thread sound more scared than the armed people. You guys scared of looking bad? What will people think?

(I wont wear a gun to the door and if I felt the need to, I'd move)...ok, then what? There you are again. You can't run from life. This is more extreme than just wearing a gun.
Edward, you are so right. I am armed nearly all my waking hours, and that includes answering, or choosing not to answer, the door. Where I am right now could be construed as a bad neighborhood due to it's proximity to Detroit. It's not. Crime comes and goes in spurts, and our neighborhood has pretty much let everyone know that we will no longer tolerate it here. As such, it has been quiet for the majority of the last 10 years. It doesn't make me relax my habits one bit. Carrying is easy and comfortable, once you find your best way, so why shouldn't I at all times? I really don't care if anybody knows it or what they think if they find out. My new home is located in a rural area, where people are still quite old-fashioned, if you know what I mean. My habits don't change there, either, and in fact will be strengthened with a decent CC security system. I've already installed security lights like I have at home. Nobody that I wasn't expecting has knocked on my door there yet. Will I be armed if I choose to answer the first time I'm not expecting someone? Most likely. Will I actually answer? Depends on circumstances.

Oh, and I clear my new house each and every time we enter it. Cats are not very good at telling you something's amiss.

Page generated in 0.04154 seconds with 8 queries