View Single Post
Old September 2, 2010, 01:41 AM   #16
Old Wanderer

I have attended the 4 day defensive handgun, 4 day shotgun, and 2 day edge weapons classes at FS.

Training was very good. Instructors were excellent. I use the facility to do my annual refresher, just to keep in practice. If you come with a background and experience, the instructors will critique you, as well as the 1st time shooter.

Now with the mid week courses starting, it will be better, so I can do a mid week pistol course, then the shotgun course.

I have attended Gun Sight, and was an active IPSC competitor in the 80's. I have also attended the Seattle Firearms Academy shotgun class. (Yes I like my shotgun).

Each school has different takes on how to handle situations. Just like when you study martial arts, take what works for you, adapt it, and perfect it.

Shooting is always good, and it keeps you proficient. Running 600 rounds through your gun, will let you know about yourself and its' reliability. The night shoot, and fun house are good learning tools as well.

Even though I am older than most, I still enjoy doing the FOF classes. It is the one thing I feel that will best equip me to deal with the current environment.

As to the emails, well to me it is not a big deal, sometimes I read them sometimes not.

Page generated in 0.02462 seconds with 8 queries