View Single Post
Old April 7, 2009, 11:58 AM   #18
GUNSITE

Quote..
I am pro marksman training along side tactical shooting. The primary reason being muscle memory: focus & trigger control. To hit a long range target with a hand gun you must focus on the the front sight and have good trigger control (slow steady squeeze). The muscle memory gained in marksmanship training greatly enhances accuracy at close range and in high stress shooting; because you do not have to think about it, that is why is is called muscle memory. END QUOTE

I agree, what surprises me is the lack of combat/tactical shooting departments are guilty of, and the blame should go to police guidelines of their respected states. Police qualifications (twice a year) require a certain score along with use of force, and safety classes depending on your state. If states would put together a combat/tactical course for officers to attend, if not qualify twice a year, officers would benefit tremendously. Then again money/budget comes into play.

Page generated in 0.02680 seconds with 8 queries