View Single Post
Old March 19, 2009, 06:02 PM   #2
inSight-NEO

I have a Benelli SNT, but with GR sights, and have noticed it shooting high and right as well. Of course, I was able to adjust the rear sight to compensate for this, to a degree. Im thinking the front sight might need a slight adjustment as well. Either way, it now patterns great when using buckshot. When using slugs, Im still finding the POI to be a bit high/right of center. But, then again, Im thinking this may have a bit to do with my shooting technique and therefore, not completely attributable to the gun itself.

Anyway, for your specific issue, is it possible that the 3" loads might be causing you to flinch or that maybe the stock is prompting the need for a bit of over/ under compensation? The reason I ask this is that my other shotgun, a Mossberg 590 w/bead front sight, gave me a few issues as well. My first shot using this gun (from about 15 to 20 yards) resulted in a dead center pattern. However, every shot after that was high and to the left. I figured that somehow I was either pulling the weapon too much or possibly botching the trigger pull. With your situation, its too hard to say without actually firing the weapon in person.

Overall, if the barrel seems "straight" and the sights line up correctly, Im not sure exactly what to tell you on this one. All I can say is that I have indeed, as mentioned earlier, encountered this high/right pattern with my Benelli and would probably have no idea how to deal with it other than possibly improving/adjusting my shooting technique for this specific weapon. Maybe there is some weird issue with how the barrel is mating with the receiver upon re-installation (assuming you have tore this thing down already) or maybe something having to do with the stock. Im just not sure when it comes to adjusting POI when it comes to a shotgun equipped with beaded sights. For my Mossberg, I have just had to re-adjust my shooting technique a bit as I have no real sights to adjust.

If the barrels for this gun werent so costly, Id suggest possibly acquiring at least a rifle sighted barrel, ghost ring would be very nice as well, so that you would have a somewhat convenient way of adjusting the POI to within an acceptable degree.

But, if after all is said and done and this issue persists, it probably wouldnt hurt to contact Benelli and see what they have to say about the matter. Then, if all else fails, consider that red dot sight you were speaking about. If you do decide to go this route, just be absolutely sure to use Loctite Blue when mounting the sight. Also, I think Benelli recommends somewhere around 18 lbs. of torque for these screws. Good luck and keep us posted.....

Last edited by inSight-NEO; March 19, 2009 at 06:20 PM.

Page generated in 0.02106 seconds with 8 queries