View Single Post
Old November 20, 2008, 09:13 AM   #8
JohnH1963

I was thinking of a low probability, high risk scenario. What if you had a bad dream, there was some kind of event in the house like a branch brushing up against the outside wall and half-asleep you reach for the pistol? You grab the pistol and maybe set it off?

There are many things that can happen when sleeping. I just think a little distance and in an enclosed latched case (i.e. cigar case) would be a good safety measure to prevent any accidents.

This would be an interesting training scenario that would probably be best fit for say contractors going off to Iraq. Get everyone sleeping armed with paint guns, start sounding airhorns and setting off firecrackers at 3am and see how everyone gets into a defensive position. I bet you would be seeing paint all over the ceiling, floors and all over everyone

Its a good question how one deals with going from sleeping to a fighting position. The army deals with it by waking up super early in the morning before the sun comes up. Thats not my answer unfortunately to home defense

Page generated in 0.02523 seconds with 8 queries