View Single Post
Old January 18, 2008, 09:01 PM   #38
Austin Cowart

Oh goodness me

This seems to be getting a bit silly and honestly we seem to be going in circles. I’m going to list a few truths because I honestly have no idea what’s being talked about any more. Truth 1. No tool is made to do every job. Truth 2. In order for any real data to be collected in an experiment we are required to use the scientific method. And truth 3. You will never make everyone happy nor believe in your cause. With these said im going to wrap up my involvement in this thread. 1. Different knives are made for different purposes there isn’t just one super awesome blade in this world. 2 There is no experiment here. Chico has no desire it seems to conduct a test using the scientific method, thus rendering an honest and un biased verdict un atainable. And 3 do both blades cut things? Yes! Do we all like one vs. the other? No! Do both knives work in the way they are designed? Yes! Do we all trust one over the other? No! Will both knives eventually stop functioning at 100% and need to be worked on? Yes! Do we all want to spend more time sharpening a serrated blade as opposed to a plain edge? No. The fact of the matter is simply this some of us like plain edge and some of us don’t and a few of us don’t give a dang what’s in our pocket as long as we know that we can get to it if we need it. Telling us that one is better than the other and then not providing any means to support your statement except for examples that lean only towards your idea of thinking is flat out wrong. This not only disgruntles us who really enjoy scientific discovery as well as a good debate but also makes us doubt some's judgment and rational. With that I end my involvement in this conversation.

Cheers
Austin

Page generated in 0.03528 seconds with 8 queries