View Single Post
Old June 27, 2006, 09:17 PM   #6
Desertfox

Unless there is already plenty of fresh hog sign, it may take a few days for the hogs to find your brewed corn. Check the sight daily until you see evidence of the hogs hitting your site. (this will be easy to see)
After finding sign you have two or three days to get a hunt set up.
I recommend dual tree stands and one guy with a spot light (in Texas cause it's legal) and a quick shot firearm. No time for scopes. 30-30 with open sights or shot gun with 00 or slug. You can rattle off a couple two or three shots before they make tracks.
Everywhere else you gotta play the early morning/late evening waiting game.
The diesel works in long term feeding stations.(not too great) It doesn't work too well in this scenario. Beer works great and if it is shaded from direct sunlight it will work better. Hog wild works and even beer on Maze or Milo works too. Strawberry Koolaid and Corn, table scraps and/or sweet feed.
My personal favorite is fish heads and guts. I am already going to have them from fishing and my buddies save them for me in the freezer. Mix the fish guts with any bread product. The fish guts and yeast will bring in any hog from long distances.
If you have bears in your neck of the woods, stay away from the beer and anything with sugar in it. You may have a visitor you don't want at night.

Page generated in 0.02403 seconds with 8 queries