View Single Post
Old September 16, 2005, 02:33 PM   #59
leadcounsel

+1 Wildalaska on the "indictment" comment.

DT -- I'll stand by that statement. I don't have "daily training" as in I don't drill on a daily basis to use lethal force as our LEOs and Military does. But I do have PAST training and still train "regularly" enough to be fresh. That being said, I'm 100% confident in any 'realistic' lethal or non lethal situation I may run into in my daily life.

I'll also reiterate that I don't carry a spare mag b/c I see it as useless in a civilian urban situation and as such a waste of time and effort and it's just one more thing I've gotta carry and be responsible for and draw attention to me as a CCW, which is what I DON"T want. I've said it 100 times but it's worth restating... Don't carry a POS and you won't have to worry about it. If the Gods are frowning on you and you do get both attacked and your gun jams, then it takes less time to clear a jam than reload. Don't believe me, practice the drill. If your gun continues to jam, stop carrying a POS or get a 99.999999999% reliable revolver. A FTF means a second pull of the trigger.

I think much too much time is spent worrying about 1 in 100,000 million scenareos and not real scenarios, such as conditioning your body and mind to be able to exercise (simulating running for cover or wrestling with attacker) and then shooting, aka tactics and physical training.

To those carrying a second mag, try timing yourselves in a drill. First, see how long it takes you to reload under a real scenario. Then, see how many jams you can clear in that same time and ask yourself if you've EVER had to clear some 5 jams with your gun. If the answer is yes, get a different gun.

Page generated in 0.02407 seconds with 8 queries