View Single Post
Old July 14, 2011, 11:27 AM   #27
Viper225

In colder weather I normally carry my 638 in an inside coat, jacket, or vest pocket. This is because I might need to remove my cover garmet.

For belt carry a good belt & holster are the most important issue. I wear the same belts every day. I have Brown & Black belts made my a local saddle maker.

I have several nylon fishing shirts I wear as cover garments.

I have 4 primary carry guns. I carry a 4" 64 a great deal for general purpose carry. Snakes, and what ever else needs a good shootin. I carry in a Bianchi Pancake most of the time I want it out of sight. I also carry it in an old Safariland open top. I will probably get a Lobo Model 1 for it shortly.

I belt carry my 638 part of the time. It carry it in a Lobo Model 1 Pancake with inner hammer shield.

I belt carry my 625-3 in 3" in a Lobo Model 1 Pancake again with inner hammer shield.

My 1911 Colt I carry inside the waist band, as well as in a Rafter S version of an Askins Avenger in Black Shark. I used to open carry quite a bit when I was in Law Enforcement.

You will need to tailor your wardrobe a little around keeping your gun out of sight. I am an old retired guy. I wear a nylon fishing shirts over a tee shirt, and an old Booney hat almost every day. I have had my Wrangler Blue Jean jackets reworked with inside pockets for my 638 and a couple speed strips. I had another pocket for handcuffs added also. It will also carry my cel phone, or a writing tablet and pen.

I would have no issue carrying a 19 snub. Lobo makes an inside the waist band holster also. I would still get a Model 1 Pancake for it myself to go along with the inside the waist band one. Once you start to carry you will get more comfortable with it.

Bob

Page generated in 0.03477 seconds with 8 queries