Thread: Model 28
View Single Post
Old February 26, 2013, 01:11 AM   #1
wordfan

Model 28

I put a Model 28 on layaway a couple of days ago at Gander Mountain, and I was hoping that some of you S&W guys could answer a couple of questions for me. Was the 28 ever made in a round butt configuration? I ask because the gun is wearing a Hogue Monogrip, and I've been online shopping for a more traditional wood grip. Every 28 I've seen online has been a square butt, but it would be just my luck that I order a square butt grip, then get the thing off layaway to find that it has a round butt. The gun is definitely pinned and recessed, if that helps with the age and determining which grip frame it has. My second question is does anyone have experience with the rosewood N-frame target grips that S&W has on their website right now? They look pretty good for the money. I like the eagle heritage grips, but they don't have the medallions. The Ahrend target grips look great too, but again no medallions, and as far as I can tell, Ahrend doesn't offer checkering on those grips. I want checkering, not so much for function as for aesthetics.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Page generated in 0.02862 seconds with 8 queries