View Single Post
Old November 23, 2012, 09:38 AM   #103
jtmckinney

Democrats want to hold the White House in 2016. If they are able to pass or introduce any real legistation (that get's out of committe and onto the floor) that weakens the 2nd Ammendment there chances go way down. They remember 2000 and gun rights was one of several things that could have swung the results the other way. We need to keep it this way.

I also think it is not in our best interest to only think one party will stand up for our 2nd Ammentment rights. Gun Rights is one of the litmus test a Representative must pass to get my vote but then it goes onto other issues.

The Republican party is going to have to get better. There is talk that Texas is becoming a swing state and even a blue state the way demographics are swinging. As of the last election Republicans still have a big advantage in Texas with many elected un-apposed. One strong Democrat leader could change that.

When Justice Scalia was on Meet The Press a few months ago pushing his book one of the points he made was the importance of electing Representatives that make laws they may have to rule on if the law is challenged. Who is sitting on the Supreme Court is big, but they are only one piece of the puzzle.

I voted for Romney but it wasn't a vote of love or trust. He said the right things but I did not completely trust him on 2nd Ammendment issues. We will survive four more years of President Obama (he is our elected President) if we keep our 2nd Ammendment Rights intact.

Have a great day!
James
When I am weaker than you, I ask you for freedom because that is according to your principles; When I am stronger than you, I take away your freedoms because that is according to my principles. Frank Herbert "Children of Dune"

Page generated in 0.03975 seconds with 8 queries