View Single Post
Old January 17, 2012, 06:23 PM   #12
bedbugbilly

I can remember at one time, some municipalities (police depts.) thought it would be a good idea if your Driver's License # was etched on anything of value. I'm from MI and I can remember the Sheriff's Dept. recommending this when you registered you hand gun. I haven't heard of it for years though.

That said, personally, I might consider purchasing a handgun/long gun with it IF it was under the grip or somewhere that it wasn't visible. If it was visible, I'd walk away from it as it would have no appeal to me. I have seen a numbrer of Colts, S & Ws, etc. that are old/vintage where the owner's name was ENGRAVED on it - that would be a different story or if it was a PD gun that had PD stampings such as department or issue number. But a driver's license or a social security # etched on is just a big turn off as far as I'm concerned. Just my humble opinion though . . . ..
If a pair of '51 Navies were good enough for Billy Hickok, then a single Navy on my right hip is good enough for me . . . besides . . . I'm probably only half as good as he was anyways. Hiram's Rangers Badge #63

Page generated in 0.03071 seconds with 8 queries